Friday, May 18, 2007

News from the week

I'm just now getting back to this. Its 1AM & I'm up because I don't feel good. (I made Spaghetti for supper because I was hungry for it & now it made me sick) Oh well ~ that's how life is I guess. Its given me time to blog without an interruptions though. :-)
Its been a busy week for me. A lot of 'little things' happened...
  • Kylie got her first real injury. :-) She was 'walking' - holding on to our bed - & fell & busted her lip a little bit. At first I panicked, I'm not sure why I guess I was just so surprised to see blood, but then we shared a popcicle & that made it better. :-)
  • Last week, she got bit by something, we're not sure what so I had to take her to the Dr's last Friday. Her little hand was swollen at least 2 times its size or bigger. Thankfully two doses of the medicine took care of it. We are just praying we figure out what it was so we know how to react next time.
  • Today, Jonathan was off work finally! We relaxed in the morning & then this afternoon he cleaned the ground & planted part of my wildflower seeds & put up the little fencing I bought. Now hopefully they grow & quickly!! They say it takes 7-21 days for the seeds to germinate & 8-10 weeks for them to bloom. :-( I don't want to wait that long! But maybe with our great weather it'll speed up the process!
  • Gas is now $3.03 a gallon here! I'm sure its more up north, but for us this is a lot! So, no unnecessary trips to town! Especially since we don't have the little green machine anymore!
  • Kylie's changed so much in the past week its amazing. :-) She figures out all the 'wrong' things though - like opening the kitchen cupboards, pulling herself up to the counter & stove (no, She can't turn it on!!), eating 'real' food, pulling her books from the shelf! One thing she did today that was SOOO funny. I was putting her dress on & we were sitting on my bed & she found the charging cord to my cell phone & picked it up & bent it in half & held it up to her ear & said 'HI!' - She does that with a lot of things now. I promise I'll try to get more pictures on here this weekend of her. She's so active that its hard to get pictures, & we've not done anything new & exciting!
  • Oh, one more thing - Kylie was playing in her pool this week one evening & we let Copper loose (our dog, whom Kylie LOVES!). Of course Copper was right there with her like always & Kylie tried to share her toys with Copper! It was very cute!
  • We also make a 'quick trip' to the Progresso Market on Tuesday afternoon. We needed more heart guard for Copper & its only $13.50 there compared to $40-$50 here in the states. But on the way back we went over the levy humps in Donna & you should have seen Kylie's face! (If you've been over them, you know what I mean!) Her eyes got HUGE, & she grabbed the sides of her carseat!!! And kinda did a big intake of air! I'd almost be willing to go back over them just to get a video clip of her face!!!

Oh well -- great memories so far this week, I think I'm ready to go back to bed! I'm getting pretty sleepy! And 7AM comes fast! Good night or - good morning! :-)

1 comment:

Justin and Jennifer Harris said...

Hi Renee, Thanks for the comment! I has fun looking at your blog and "catching up" with you! Congratulations on your beautiful daughter and the little one on the way. We are very excited about having our first child. It was a little unexpected but once we got over the shock it was great. We have been married for a little over two years now and I work as a pediatric nurse. I love my job although once our son is born I'll be quitting. Are you as anxious as I am for the pregnancy part to be over? I was very ill for about the first 20 weeks and now am to the uncomfortable stage. I could totally sympathize when you said about cooking and then being up because it made you sick! I think God has a great sense of humor when He's getting you prepared to lose sleep after the babies born!