Thursday, January 31, 2008

Our past few days!

On Tuesday, Jonathan was off work & we decided that since the weather was perfect we should clean out our storage shed! We started around 11AM and got it all out (I was gonna take some pictures of our mess but I was too busy working on it!) and started sorting though it. We have it all done now and the shed looks so neat & organized! We had some stuff we were wanting to get rid of, so I asked my friend that lives right there at the camp if she had some stuff too. She did so we decided to have a yard sale. We thought it would be a good day because there is a school on the other end of the road and also just about a block away is a big flea market and tons of winter Texans are here now. We planned that for yesterday. We also found some time to have fun Tuesday! Jonathan was watering a tree in his mom's yard (our storage shed is in her back yard) and he again shared some of his childhood memories with Kylie. =) He taught her how to drink from the hose! Not very healthy, but she had a BLAST! She was very wet and it was a hot day so it all worked out!

Wednesday, the day of the sale, was still a beautiful day but a little more cloudy! It was also Jonathan's birthday and since I forgot to plan ahead and save some money to do something special, and the general fund was tied up with bills this week, I was all down about it, but then I had been praying Monday that somehow I could get a little extra money, well, we decided to do the yard sale Wednesday instead of Friday when we origanally planned. So, I was able to make enough (almost) to go out to dinner! Thanks to my friend, Melodie Sankey & her family for offering to keep the children while we went. It was a fun time, even though we were both so tired it was hard to eat! God answered two other prayers for me yesterday that I need to publicly praise Him for! Somehow my keys got locked in the 4-Runner. There is an auto-lock feature on it that when all the doors are shut for probably about a minute it locks!! Well, I was hoping I wouldn't have to call Jonathan at work to ask him to come over to unlock it for me, so my friend and I were just talking and scheming how we could get in there, but I had prayed that Jonathan would show up on his downtime around lunch! Not 5 minutes later he pulled in!!! AND he brought the mail with him! In it was a $5 coupon from LUVS diapers!! (They were leaking every day & and wrote to ask the company about it & they sent me this coupon!) Right now there is also a $1.50 Target coupon for LUVS and you can use both there. I needed to buy them this week and I can now get a pack for aroun $.50!!!! God is so good!!


Enjoy these pictures of my ALL boy!!! He was playing in the dirt and having a blast eating it!! You can't see it real well, but he had 'self-made' mud on his face!


Well, I'm off to try to catch up my house from this week of not being home! I also want to try to get to visit some friends & get the Target & Walgreens. Check out the www.moneysavingmom.com website today for possibly free cheese at Target and a good Walgreens coupon that only works today. I think with that & my other coupons I will be able to get what I needed from there for just a few dollars!

2 comments:

Brenda said...

I love it when God answers our prayers like that. He is so good!

sankey family said...

I enjoyed keeping your kids...they're adorable.
Melodie