Friday, January 25, 2008

Cookies, Milk, & Tortillas!

Most of you know that Jonathan spent most of his 'growing up' years in Mexico with his family. Of couse he has lots of memories ~ places he's lived, food he likes (and don't like!) and all sorts of other things. Well, one thing he really likes is these cookes! I don't know about your Wal-Mart, but ours here sells these "Mexican" cookies. And the other night when I sent him there for something, he brought them home with the idea of 'going back in time' and eating these dipped in milk! =) Well, last night was the night. We thought we had the kids in bed & he brought out his cookies & milk. But a little someone that has 'food radar' in her brain, got back up & used her sweet little smile to warm her daddy's heart & he shared. =)
We've been seriously praying a lot the past few days that God would get our hearts & minds ready for Mexico, but never thought of including the kids in those prayers, but this morning Kylie got up and found the tortillas & wanted one, so I gave it to her...as I type ~ she's on her 3rd one! Not that eating tortillas 'makes her ready to go' but she never liked them before and that is one of the main foods they eat A LOT of! God is so good give us answers to prayer that we don't even really think of!!

Yes, this is a really bad picture, LOL! But it was morning & its the only one I could capture of her!


ADD ON:

As I was I typing this post, I can only asume that Kylie was graciously sharing her tortillas with her little brother, since this is what I found when I went to the kitchen! (No, I don't leave my kids alone for a long period of time. =) She was in here with me most of the time, but left for a few minutes...

1 comment:

Lori said...

That pic of Korey is so cute, if he was just a little older he would be diving in to those tortillas like crazy! I have the same problem from time to time, it's hard to handle because although I want Brianna to continue to share with her little brother, sometimes she just doesn't understand what he can't eat! He still only has 8 teeth so chewing things sometimes can be a challenge for him!