Thursday, January 10, 2008

New Years Eve/New Years Day

I really hadn't planned on doing anything New Year's Eve. Jonathan was working until about 8, and it was getting cooler & so there was nothing to do. Well, he got the idea that we should make home made ice cream. Now, my last attempts at making home made ice cream were BAD!! I used the receipt off the box & it sounded & looked wonderful! But somewhere between the image & reality something wasn't right! I took a few bites of it, and that was it! But for this venture, we called the right people, Jonathan's mom & grandma and got the right receipt! He also brought some fireworks home with him, so we did that here & then made the ice cream. The kids did pretty good staying up. Korey LOVED the fireworks!!! He was bouncing & happy. Kylie wasn't too sure at first but then got used to it. She was sitting beside me & finally leaned over real close and said 'Hold you'. (her phrase for US to hold HER!) I fell asleep like around 11:30 before the ice cream was done but Jonathan woke me up & we ate some at midnight! Kylie was begging to go to bed around 11:30 to, so we let her. (gracious aren't we!?)

New Year's Day was fun too. We relaxed here in the morning & then I made some pizza & we went to McAllen to "The Zone". (We had some 'gift cards' for there so it made a fun time) Then I think we ended up at WalMart! The batteries died in the camera & I just did get the energy to charge them so no pictures from either day!

No comments: