Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Tuesdays supper

The meal, I added sour cream to the top after I took this picture and also we had carrots for a veggie.
The beans cooking

Well, this meal didn't turn out quit how I had it planned, but I think I will make this again! I had the beans all cooked, the fried diced onions & peppers, added the beans with some seasonings and let it cook together. Then I put it in a bowl on the counter. The rice was cooking and in the mean time I thought I would feed Kamryn her supper...I took her food from the microwave and accidently knocked over the beans! There was just a little bit left, so that's why it doesn't look like very many on the plate! Oh well - after Jonathan told me he was so sorry for me because I worked so hard on them (You have to cook beans for hours so I spent most of the afternoon 'watching' them), I just laughed. I told him to remember that I really dislike beans, I was just being 'brave' and cheap! They did have a good flavor though so I'll be making this again so we can try it better!

2 comments:

REJunod said...

Next time soak them all night long in water, then put them on low in the crock pot around 10 or so. Add the onions and peppers a couple hours before you want to eat, and it's done, and you don't have to watch them at all. That's how my mom does it, and that's how I do it, when I make them. Whichever way you do it, if you soak them all night long, they don't take as long to cook.

Let me know if it works!!

Esther

Springer Family said...

I might try that next time. I like the 'fried' taste to food though! =)I'm making them again later in the week just as a side dish so we'll see how it goes then! I was going to soak them but I got busy the night before and forgot!