Monday, June 25, 2007

Update from the past week

Hi. I finally found a few minutes to finish updating this. :-) I was in a hurry Saturday when I put the pictures on, so I didn't write alot...but since I still don't think I can upload pictures from here, I'll just write & upload pics whenever I am able. If this is rambling -- its becuase I'm majorly sleep deprived! :-) Korey is nothing like Kylie. She slept about 4 hours at a time during the night. Not Korey -- last night it was every 2 & the night before every hour! And our days have been full!! Wednesday of last week we just chilled & then I don't remember what happened on Thursday, but Friday was full. :-) The nurse & midwife came to do our 3 day home visit & after they left Becka, Joshua & Jared went to Progreso Market. Then later that evening we had Kylie's birthday party. It was lots of fun. She cried when we sang Happy Birthday to her! I'm not sure why - but I don't think we ever finished the song because we were laughing so much! She also had fun feeding us cake & then we showed her how to feed herself & she like that too. We have to have another party in a few weeks when my parents are here!! Saturday we were supposed to take Becka to the beach, but it rained so we couldn't go. Its not like she's never been to the beach before but she likes ours better than the one at Hobe Sound. That's why we went to the South Texas History Museum. After we were done there we dropped her & the kids off at the house & Jonathan & I went out for a real date! It was so nice to spend a few hours together. We ate supper at Jason's Deli, updated the blog & then went to the thrift store because I didn't have any Sunday clothes that fit, and then to walmart to get groceries. Sunday, was also very busy, like always - just went to church, ate dinner, took a small nap & then back to church. Today, we got some house work done in the morning & then we back to the thrift store this afternoon. I was able to find 2 skirts & 3 shirts for me & several things for Korey. Every week they have a different color tag that's 50% off!! When we got home Joseph, Jonathan's brother, was already here. He came to pick up the truck he bought from us, and will be staying until Friday of this week. It's so great to see family!!! I'm gonna sign off for now & try to get some sleep!

1 comment:

sankey family said...

You sound really busy - don't forget to sleep. With 2 babies, you need it, girl.

I'd love to see Korey (and Kylie, too). We're leaving at 6 am Saturday to head for the border - have several stops to make on the way to check in with pastors, etc. Hope to be in the Valley by not too late Sat night. Then we head for Alabama after church and dinner on Sunday. So I don't think we'll have time to see them.

We'll be up north for 3 weeks. Maybe on our way back to Mexico - we'll see.

Sounds like some great thrift stores deals - my kind of shopping. By the way, what thrift stores do you shop at in the Valley?

Guess I should have just emailed you, huh?

Take care of yourself.

Melodie