Wednesday, December 31, 2008

God's Protection

Before its 2009, I need to once again, thank God for his divine Hand on our family & friends in the Rio Grande Valley. For the past 2 days there has been a man on the loose who kidnapped his ex-girlfriend, then has been car jacking and stealing cars all over the valley. Last night on my way to walmart, I saw one police chase that just happened and right behind me about 10 minutes was another one. Very un-nerving to say the least. I didn't know the story til this afternoon. (I never keep up with local news, but some friends were curious so I went online & looked). I had already taken the kids to HEB (our grocery store) to get some food and while there and on my way home kept seeing the Police helicopter circling in the air. Strange, I thought, but oh well. So, I was nervous all night about it kinda and when Jonathan & Joshua wanted to go to Walmart I was kinda like I really don't think you should...well, then Jonathan feel asleep on the couch and was woke up by his phone ringing, and his friend was just at Walmart in Weslaco and this guy drove though the one entrance and tried to drive out the other!!! If they would have left when they first talked about it they would have been there when it happened! I'm posting the links to the news story if anyone cares to check it out. Its pretty wild and very sad.

www.themonitor.com

4 comments:

Maresa said...

So thankful for how God had his hand upon your family. That was a really sad and scary story. Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you all are ok, sometimes I wonder how many times God protects us without us even knowing what is going on. I guess sometimes it is easy for me to take His protection for granite until something like this happens.
Happy New Year!!!!!

sankey family said...

Yes, thank the Lord for His protection on you all! Hope we can see you soon!

Donna "Durfee" Fogle said...

Wow, so surprised to catch up with your family. Not sure if you remember me from AWC, but I'm Mrs. Durfee's daughter Donna. I was just browsing different blogs and ran accross yours. How time flies. May God bless you during htis new year!!