Friday, December 12, 2008

Our day

Did you ever have your day perfectly planned out and then something happened to change the WHOLE day around??? Well, that was our day! =) Guess I should back up in this story to Tuesday...a great day where we got lots of work done in the playhouse (pics to come later, when I take some). We came home and noticed that Korey wasn't looking so good...Jonathan noticed it earlier in the day but we were so busy and the little guy just kept going til around 6pm, when he just kept falling asleep. I still didn't give too much thought to it since he really didn't have a nap since we were not at home. Finally after getting the supper on the table, I took his temp. 102.6!!! Ok, so we had a problem...to make a long story short, I took him to the doctors Weds night after Jonathan got home from work and he has bronchitis. Never coughed, just a fever and a runny nose...so we got the whole works of meds! Then yesterday I started noticing Kamryn was having a runny nose...so this morning my plan was to take Korey back for a check up and Kamryn to get checked, and I wanted to go early, well, we had a not so good night's sleep, Korey decided that 4:30 was time to get up and yell Mommy from his bed until he woke up Kylie...the conversation from their room was so funny! =) So, I went to get him so Kylie would go back to sleep and then he didn't want to lay still (mostly b/c of the meds). It was very humorous to me (don't ask Jonathan his thoughts) but of course it wasn't me that a little boy was waking up by touching my face with cold hands! =) Really you can go ahead and laugh!! I did!!! Anyway -- I'm getting off track, so this morning we didn't get going til 11AM, then we didn't get home from the doctors til after 1PM, and we had planned to get our family pictures taken at 2:30PM, wasn't gonna happen! I didn't even have our clothes ready! I was very disappointed because I really wanted PERFECT family pictures for my Christmas cards, but then God reminded me that I need to stop stressing about the small things, and be thankful I have a family. So, after a trip to town to get groceries we got out the camera and tried to get some good shots of the kids...again, wasn't gonna happen! Korey was tired and had enough! =) So, this is the best we got and I'm gonna be happy with that...even though they are not PERFECT like I WANTED!! I have one more idea to make a Christmas family photo and then I quit! =) I have a picture I might try to edit but its getting late and I think Korey & Kamryn(oh, after doing some tests, they found she's in the beginning stages of getting what Korey has...so she now has 2-3 meds to take!) have shared their sickness with their mom! =) Kylie WANTS to be sick, she cried this morning b/c she wanted to go see Dr. Steve! So, we'll see what tomorrow holds! But for now, I better get to bed!

4 comments:

Maresa said...

Oh my goodness. You poor thing. We are stressing the sickies too. Your pictures are beautiful and I think you should be proud of them. and it didn't cost you near as much as taking them else where. Hope everyone gets to feeling better soon. Maybe it will all be over before the BIG DAY!

Joshua V. said...

WOW! What an intense day! Hope you guys get better!

sankey family said...

Renee, those are beautiful pictures! So sorry you guys are sick - hope everyone's better soon.
By the way, those kinds of days happen in Mexico, too - yesterday was one of those!
You guys come down and see us soon.

REJunod said...

Hey,
We'll still do your pics for your prayer cards. Maybe we can try to schedule it sooner than the morning of!!! Really sorry it didn't happen. We had sooooo much to do, it worked out a little bit better for us, but still feel bad that we didn't get it done. These turned out really cut though. I love the one of Kylie and Kamryn. Hope you all are well by the program!! Love you guys!!!

Esther