Thursday, December 18, 2008

Christmas program

Last night was our church Christmas program.


The play was about this person who was searching for Christmas, (perfectly read by Joshua!) He thought it was in shopping, gifts, giving, but that didn't bring him peace. Then he got the brilliant idea that he needed to help others, so he went Christmas caroling, and the made a box of food to take to the poor guy down the street, who has 3 kids and no one knows where the mom is! I'll copy the paragraph from the script, since its too funny!

"Now before the season is over, I believe I must do one more thing! A few blocks away, there is that poor family where the father was injured and hasn't been able to work for months. I don't know where the mom is. But there are several motley children there running around from dawn to dusk. Skinny, dirty, crumby, ragged. The dad looks so haggard. I wonder if he's been able to even pay the rent? I have a little left after running up all those bills on my credit card, but surely I could put together a food box for them. They weigh on my mind....." Sorry this picture is a little blurry..I was laughing so hard, b/c sadly they did a great job!! I'm not sure you can see it but he has Kamryn's pacifier in his mouth.
After that - the older girls brought the kids to me and Jonathan was to change charters and represent the main charter, who then found Jesus...well, as he was kneeling in the front, Kylie who thought she had lots of freedom since she'd just been up there, decided to wander to see daddy! When he ignored her, she goes, "Daddy!" Then back to Joshua who was reading the narrator's part, said, "Wa! Where daddy?" I was so embarrassed, but it was so funny too!

No comments: