Tuesday, February 17, 2009

This might fall into the 'useless information' category for some of you, but it was helpful to me, so I thought I'd share it. Did you know you can freeze eggs??? I spent the whole morning in the kitchen frying and packaging my 10 lbs of hamburger I got at Sam's Club yesterday for $2.24 a lb. Its the 90% lean grade too! I can't remember how it came up but I think my mom & I were talking and we wondered if you could freeze eggs. So I googled it and found out how! Its so easy!!

This is what you do....

1. crack them and put in bowl
2. beat them (I used a mixer to get them good and mixed)
3. pour in muffin pan (grease it first) or ice cube trays
4. freeze
5. take them out and put in freezer bags. (I mixed up 6 eggs at a time, since I know this about how many I need for a batch of scrambled eggs)

To defrost them, you need to unthaw in the fridge the day before.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Your ingenuity amazes me:)

Kara Plank said...

Very cool about the eggs! I have eggs coming out my ears lately from Clayton's WIC program, and I am so thankful to know this "useless info" :)

Springer Family said...

Kara, I have tons of eggs from WIC too, that's what inspired me to find a way to deal with them!