Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Our shopping trip

This week is awesome at Walgreens!! I just had to share this with everyone! If you need cleaning supplies, this is the time to get them! Go over to www.moneysavingmom.com to find out how to get these deals...they are all with printable coupons! You'll have to scroll down through her posts to find it.
Drano $3.50
Glade Sense & Spray (2) $8.99
Windex Wipes $2.50
M&M's .89 (not in the picture because the kids ate them! They deserved a treat for being good ALL morning while we did our shopping)


Used these coupons:

BOGO free glade -$8.99
Glade -$4.00
Drano - $1.50
M&m's -.40
total was $10.80 and I'll get back in rebates $8.00! So all that was $2.80!


I even had another coupon for the wipes but I forgot to give it to her. There were out of stock on some things, but I for certain am going back by the end of the week! Some people might think I'm crazy to stock up like this, but my goal in Jan 07 when I started couponing and stocking up was to help us to save money when we moved to Mexico. I never had any ideas then that we'd be spending 4-6 months in the US traveling for deputation. When I went to the storage place where I have my stuff, I found out we should not need to buy toothpaste, soap, kids soap, shampoo, cleaners, toothbrushes and any thing else like that you can think of. Since we were able to purchase a 5th Wheel travel trailer (that was our big answer to prayer....I still need to get pictures on here of it!) we will have the room to take this stuff with us! God is so good to allow me the privledge of 'having fun' and geting what my family needs!


Our grocery trip today was simple! The only thing I was really excited about was boxes of brown rice pouches for $.83! There is 4 bags in each box. They were $1.83 but there was $1.00 coupons on the boxes! So, that's 4 meals of rice for $.83!


Here's the rest of what we got!


Spaghetti sauce mix .34
box of white rice .64
tomato paste .50
pizza crust 1.25
cream of mushroom soup (2) $1.08
sugar 4lb 1.65
tomato sauce .29
garden salad .99
3 green bell peppers $1.00
2 tomatos .87
tortillas .99
sub rolls 1.69
soft spread butter (2) 1.50
4 bags small elbow noodles $1.00
total $17.11!! And that is enough for my menu this week, along with some stocking up!

4 comments:

Lori said...

Wow, you got some really good deals! Thats great you'll be able to take some extra stuff along with you for deputation, I'm sure you'll need it!

Lori said...

BTW, did you hear that April will be the last month for Walgreens EasySaver Rebate Program? Whats up with that!

Springer Family said...

Lori,
I did read that somewhere. I'm very sad about that! But thankfully, we are getting a CVS in McAllen/Edinbug area so maybe that will make up for it! =)

Lori said...

Wow, a CVS? I'm so jealous! Yeah, that should make everything ok!