Monday, March 31, 2008

weekend

My sweet boy - showing me 5 teeth!!
Our weekend was pretty much un-eventful. Jonathan was still getting over his sinus infection or we probably would have gone into Mexico since he didn't have clinicals this weekend. But since he was just getting over being sick, we decided it was best to stay here and rest up! I went to wal-mart and found these cute PJs for the kids for $2.00 each! I didn't think Korey's would fit for a few more months but I thought they looked kinda small when I got them home, so I decided to try them on -- they are a little big, but not much ~ so they wore them Sat. night! =) Crazy, but it was fun!! You have excuse Kylie's hair ~ they just woke up from their Sunday afternoon nap! =)
Saturday we had a fun family day out! We went to the Thrift store & got Kylie a shirt & summer pjs, Korey a shirt, and Jonathan found a pair of almost new jeans (which is really hard for him to find there) all for the price of the jeans at walmart!! Then we came home and the kids played outside while we cleaned and washed the 4-Runner. I tried to take pictures, but my batteries were dead again. Korey is falling in love with the dogs & had a great time hanging out in his walker (which he can't move) 'talkin' to the dogs! He also pulled himself up to the car seat on his feet for the first time!! He has 5 teeth now & loves cheerios!! And all other food. =)

Kylie's talking so much more now!! She'll repeat about anything you say to her. And she is connecting so many things together! She told my mom on the phone yesterday "Daddy home. Pappy Home. Daddy night, night." All of which was true! She thinks everyone and everything goes to work now too!! Cause if she's looking for daddy, I tell her daddy's at work (when he is) and so we were passing a horse on the road the other day coming back from seeing daddy at work and she was chatting about all this stuff and she saw the horse and said, "hors-y go work". LOL!!

Hope you all have a great week!! We are gonna try to start some paper work for our passports/border crossing cards this week. As with all things like this - it never goes as planned!! We are going to have to get 6-month visas for Mexico before we do this, since we need to send in our original birth certificates with the application. And I need to go pick up Korey's missing birth certificate! (I went a few weeks ago and they informed me he wasn't in their system...and they had to track it down in Austin!) And also the 4-Runner needs some major (we hope not - but its looking that way) work done to it ~ so Jonathan is planning to start tearing it apart tomorrow and it'll probably be down for a few days.

4 comments:

Joe Springer said...

My niece and nephew are so cute.....they look just like me! lol!
joe

Becka said...

Whatever joe, they take after me. okay maybe not but they are so beautiful and handsome! I'm so proud of they way they are growing up and advancing but its kinda sad too. XOXO Love Aunt Becka

Unknown said...

Hey, thanks to you guys for the good times last evening:)

Unknown said...

Yea Right!!! both of you are totally wrong;) I think even though they are light complected, they still favor the Velázquez Mexican side of the family... hahaha:)