Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Pictures of my homemade laundry soap

The ingredients
Boiling the zest bar soap on the stove

Here are some pictures of my homemade soap. I have been using it for a few weeks & so far I like it...there are some things I'll do different next time I make it though, after doing some research online today. I'll post a few links to websites that I found information about it on here. I bought the ingredients for around $5.00 and it should last a LONG TIME!! I'll be needing to make some more probably next week, so I'll let you know how the new recipe goes. It looks really nasty when its done and we were sorta not too impressed but after reading some today, I found out that's the way its supposed to be!! (Good thing!) I think next time I'm gonna make this recipe and there is about 9 or 10 different ones on this website. I found the Arm & Hammer Washing soda at HEB for around $2.50 and the Borax was about the same. The Zest I got free at Walgreens that week but next time I think I'm gonna try ZOTE. I found it at Walmart, but can't remember the price. It was around $1.00 I think. Zote is a laundry soap bar. Somewhere I read it costs right around $.01 a load! Gotta love that!! If you have any questions, email me!

2 comments:

Lori said...

I checked out those sites you sent me, there were so many but I think I narrowed it down to a couple. I found the Zote soap but am not having much luck with the Washing Soda. I plan to look this weekend at a few more places. Thanks!

Springer Family said...

I found it at the grocery store, the first time!! There were a few on there that just used baking soda instead.