Monday, August 18, 2008

Menu Plan for this week

Its been a few weeks since I've taken the time to post our menu. We've still had one, but I've been to busy to post it. =) Keep in mind we buy all our groceries and personal needs for $40 a week as challenged by Crystal over at www.moneysavingmom.com. I don't go crazy over it - some weeks it works and some it doesn't. But as we've been stocking up on things when its on sale, I've found that usually we can eat and get what we need for less than $40 a week!(This includes diapers!) I encourage you to go to her website and check it out if you havn't already! I've sorta been out of the coupon/savings loop for a few weeks but last week I did really good and I was so excited! =) There are a few really good ones out there I'll link to in another post later today for very cheap and free stuff at walmart!

Sunday ~ Lunch: Egg & Potato tacos Supper: Baked Chicken, Mashed potatoes, stuffing

Monday ~ Ham, White rice, corn

Tuesday ~ McDonalds Southern Style Chicken Sandwiches (free w/ coupon when you buy a $1.00 drink)

Wednesday ~ Chili & Corn bread

Thursday ~ Sweedish meatballs and rice w/ gravy

Friday ~ Fried chicken and cheesy potatoes

Saturday ~ Lunch: Homemade Pizza & Salad Supper: Beef Tacos

4 comments:

Lori said...

Wow, that's great that you can stay on that small of a budget for your family of 5! Your menu sounds good, that really helps, doesn't it? I've been wondering, have you continued to make your own laundry soap or do you buy it? I still make mine and I love it, I just got my friend started on it too, she thought it smelled great!

REJunod said...

I'm coming to your house on Wed!!! I LOVE chili and corn bread, but it's one of Ron's least favorite, so it's been FOREVER since I've had it. Actually, today is perfect weather for chili and cornbread, but i don't have the fixin's. Enjoy it for me ok?

Springer Family said...

Lori, I've gotten lazy the past few months & just bought it, but I bought the mexican brands in the powder. (its like $1.27 at walmart for a small bag) and then mixed the borax and washing soda with it. That was eaiser for me than the 'cooking' part. And I really don't have room to store a 5 gallon bucket.
Esther, Chili's not my favorite either but Jonathan loves it and corn muffin mix is $.39 at walgreens this week, so I'll be stocking up on that and I've been trying to use my crockpot more. =)

sankey family said...

It all sounds yummy and I have to say - I have no idea how you do it on $40 a week. You go, girl!