Sunday, August 10, 2008


I've seen several people doing husband appreciation posts lately around blog land. While I'm not going to 'brag' about mine this time I do have some thoughts on the subject. I just read an article in Focus on the Family magazine where the author was talking about that she always compared her husband to her friends husbands and then when he didn't 'match up' to the things they did (dishes, laundry...) it would make her feel he wasn't good enough. (There was more to the article but that's the basic idea.) So, with that said, I just want to thank God for the husband He gave to me. I'm glad he's not "someone else"!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! Man, what a Handsome hunk of flesh!! good shark bait;)JK I probably make good bait as well:D

REJunod said...

Very good point. I have noticed that I had been focusing too much on the negative, and when I started thinking on the positive, and actually mentioning more positive to my husband and to others about him, my whole attitude shifted, and now I feel better about myself, and my husband. Thank you though, for stating that it's very important for them to be their own person, and for us wives not to compare them to other husbands, but to accept them just as they are, and do what we can do to make them better people.