Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Easy Enchilada Casserole

For those of you who REALLY know me, you'll know, I really don't ENJOY cooking, but I've been trying to improve in this area and found this great recipe I thought I'd share with you.
I was VERY suprised how much it really tastes like chicken enchiladas ~ without meat!

15 oz bag tortilla chips, divided
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
1 10 3/4 oz can cream of chicken soup
1 10 oz can enchilada sauce
1 10 oz can green chile sauce

Arrange a layer of chips over the bottom of a greased 13x9 casserole pan; sprinkle one cup cheddar cheese on top. Stir soup, enchilada sauce and green chile sauce together in a mixeing bowl; pour half over the cheese layer. Add another layer of chips; spread with remaining sauces. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.

~
I was gonna take a picture of it, but it got kinda krispy(and I wasn't even having our friends the Sankey's over!) and not very good looking, I think next time I'll wait for the last layer of cheese on top til the last few minutes. And I'll not cook it the full 30 minutes. ~ or keep a better watch on it. I set the timer and basically forgot about it, and got busy. =)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OH WOW!!! You are going to make it again and then have me over so i can make sure it passes the taste test:)HAHA.