Thursday, December 13, 2007

New puppy & other new things (again)

We got a new puppy last week! Friends of ours had found him as a stray & told me about it. Jonathan's been wanting a black lab for a long time and this was the perfect price ~ free. Well, not totally when you figure food, shots, new doghouse....) His name is Cody. He was already named when we got him, but we thought that he fit right in our family. Our other dog is Copper (female). So now we have kids names that start with "K", and dogs names that start with "C". LOL! That was really not planned but it fits right!? I wanted to put some pictures on here of him but its cold & rainy outside so I don't think I'm going out there to take them, plus they wouldn't look very nice. Just picture a cute black lab puppy! :-)

So, we now have 3 males & 3 females in our house/property (the dogs are outside!!) UNTIL, the tie-breaker comes in the July...

Don't totally have heart attacks on me here, but GOD is GIVING us another little person that's due July 11! I'm sure some people think we are totally crazy. (We do too, sometimes!) We were all outside the other day looking at Cody...and I said to Jonathan, we are totally crazy, 3 kids & 2 dogs! But its a fun life, never boring! Its all worth all the work when I hear Kylie praying or singing & being nice to Korey, and him responding positively back to her! They both have been great the past few days for me & I know God is helping us all! :-) I could never do all this with out my wonderful husband, too. He works some long hours to provide for us & I truly appreciate that. And I know he loves us all very much! When he comes home most nights he takes me shopping, (if I need to go) & also helps me get the kids to bed so we have some time to relax, or just fall into bed sooner! (I think last night we were all in bed before 9PM, which is very rare for this family!)


We wanted to tell all our family & friends at the same time so this is the best way! :-) I knew I couldn't hide it while I was in PA, since I've been sick some again. Not like with the other two though, so Becka, don't stress, we'll still EAT & EAT & EAT!!! :-)


More of Kylie's new words:
  • love you (its not real plain but you can tell what she's saying, and she goes out of the room saying, Bye...love you!)
  • more (mostly associated with food)
  • "HI buuuy" (hi buddy - to Korey)
  • OK (mostly when you tell her something)
  • manga (I think this might mean grandma, she says it when she wants to talk on the phone)

Again, that's all I can remember...she's just starting to repeat LOTS of stuff...I was 'reading' her a book this morning that showed a picture of a king and I said see there's the king, and she said king.

I have some other cute pictures of her eating Oreos cookies but they'll have to wait for another day too. I have a friend & her kids coming at 1:00PM today to make some homemade Ice cream! I have been dying to use my ice creaming maker I got at the Thrift store for $10! (Its brand new in the box!) So we are making Cookies & Cream! There's a picture of it on the box & it looks SOOOO good!!! I'll take some pictures to show you!! :-) I'm also gonna try & get some candy made for the guys Jonathan works with & finish my Christmas cards & pack us all to go to PA this weekend. The cards might have to wait til I get up there, since I'm feeling like I'm running out of time!!

Korey is also getting his 2ND tooth. The first one is still not though enough for a picture, but when it is, I'll post it!!! He hasn't been quit as fussy & sick as he was the first time, so I'm very thankful for that!! :-)

I really need to go!! I just have a few hours to get things together here! The ice cream recipe I have needs to be cooked and refrigerated for an hour before you put it in the maker!

Have a great day!! :-)

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow!!! a third child? I feel it will be another man child. I hope Im not gone when its borne.

Dan & Marti said...

I had a black lap puppy and they are just so cute. Congrats on the new one! I think it is neat they will be close. Safe travels.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!!!
Brenda

sankey family said...

Well, this wasn't a surprise to me...smiles...but I'm so happy for you guys - that 3rd baby in a row is just as precious and special as can be - I know because I've been there, done that!
I'll be praying for an easy, safe pregnancy and I can't wait to see what "K" name you come up with.

Oh, congrats on the new puppy, too.

I hope you guys have a ton of fun with family in Pennsylania! Enjoy that cold weather.

Melodie

Jeanette said...

Congratulations!! Thanks for sharing the exciting news!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new child!!

CALISTA said...

Awesome!! Congrats on the new little one! I know you guys are so excited, and I would be too! I like kids close in age too, so I don't think you're crazy at all - just ambitious! That's fun that you got a new puppy!

Anonymous said...

congratulations on the new baby :)

Isn't fun when the kids start talking...Charity says "Hi" alot and it is sooo cute ;)

Lori said...

Congrats! Even though you'll be extra busy you'll have lots of fun making memories with the children!

Have a great trip and Merry Christmas!