Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Sewing fun!




The week before Mother's Day, 3 of the ladies from the church in Tapachula came to the house and we made rice bags. It was a Thursday evening, so Jonathan had to go to Santa Domingo for Bible Study. A few minutes before Jonathan left I was starting to get the dough made for homemade pretzels and while that was rising I mixed up a batch of banana muffins. I turned the oven on and found out I was out of gas! It was a fearful moment for a while, realizing that I wasn't going to have food, and no way to get gas to make food. But God helped me and I had some taco meat already cooked in the fridge, so I just went to the little store here in the development and got some tortillas, and we had American tacos! There wasn't any left overs, so I guess they liked it! =) Bro. Antonio also came to babysit all 7 of the kids! I didn't have a chance to get a picture of them. But they had fun playing in the park.
I didn't count how many of the rice bags we made, but it was quit a few. They were planning to give them to family members for Mother's Day and even to the ladies of the Santa Domingo church. BTW, how do you like that green material? I feel in love! So...look for it to show up again! (Hopefully soon!)

No comments: