Saturday, May 17, 2008

Why I love shopping at Walgreens!

I know I've shared some deals on this blog before but I just want to show you quickly how I've been able to save tons of money by shopping at Walgreens lately!


This first picture is from 2 weeks ago - I was able to purchase all these items for right around $4.00! (I can't remember the exact amount with tax) and I didn't even spend cash because I had $36 on my gift card from rebates!


Here's how I did it:

First transacation:
Zantac $3.99 - 3.99 coupon (free! and they gave me a $3.00 register rewards)
Dawn (I can't remember the before prices but I ended up only paying $.54 and the tax for it.)



2nd transaction:
2 Charmin flushable wipes $1.99 each and I had $.25 coupons so they were $1.74 each
Freebreeze Noticeable $6.99 - $5.00 coupon = 1.99
Freebreeze Air effects spray $2.50 -$2.50 (I had a buy a freebreeze noticeable get a FREE air effects coupon)
candy .99 ( I didn't have enough items to match the coupons so I had to get a small filler)
Anyway - with tax it all came out to right around $4.00 becuase I used my $3.00 register rewards from transaction #1!

And I got another $6.00 Regiester rewards because I purchased 4 items in the proctor & gamble promotion! I took that and bought diapers that were on sale. I ended up paying $19.99 for 3 jumbo packs of huggies diapers and I'll get $5.00 back from Huggies for a rebate promotion they have right now!! $14.99 for 3 packs is $5.00 each!! Much cheaper than walmarts brand, and they last so much longer!

Then this week ~ I don't have pictures (I'll try to add them later after I go outside & get the stuff!) but I got tons of stuff again for right around $6.00 and

1st visit:
2 colgate maxfresh toothpastes (one was free!)
1 Pert plus shampoo
I will get a $2.50 walgreens rebate on the shampoo, so after I receive that I will have paid $1.20 for all those items!!

2nd visit: (I really didn't want to go back this week, but I had a coupon for more flushable wipes, which I'm stocking up on for potty training!! And the first time I was there they were out of them.)
2 colgate max fresh toothpastes (these were free this time b/c of coupons, I don't need any more toothpaste but free is something I can't pass up!)
2 clear & clean cleanser bottles (they were on clearance for $3.29 and I had a $2.00 coupon and a $1.00 Walgreens coupon, so I paid $.29 each for them!!)
2 cottonelle flushable wipes - on sale for 2/$4.00 and I had a $2.00/2 coupon.
And I had to get 2 small bags of M&M's because I had too many coupons again.
My total last night was $3.88 (paid with my gift card again!) My gift card still has around $5.00 on it!! And I used if for all these purchases!

I'm so thankful that God helps me find these deals, ~ most of the human credit goes to Crystal at http://www.moneysavingmom.com/!

2 comments:

sankey family said...

Those are awesome deals!

collette said...

Hi Renee! I am totally impressed with your Walgreen deals....I am going to have to talk with you more about how to do it. My girls as you know do the CVS deals in PA and are consistently "on a high"...and I am thrilled for all of you. The pics of the kids are darling, and I am excited about your new little gal arriving soon. Sorry we didn't get to see you this time out either....all we did was show up in the Valley for a short night's sleep before I cleaned for Loyce the next day...then we left the house at 4:30 am for Salamanca. (That was yesterday, I think!) Needless to say, today has been my crash day. Take care of yourselves!

Love,
Collette

P.S. We saw Becca at GBS!!