Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Monday

Monday morning we took the West family to a few sights in Johnstown. We first had breakfast on the back deck! It was a warm morning for once and they kids had fun eating outside. First we went to the site of the South Fork Dam. That is the dam that broke that caused the great Johnstown flood of 1889. Then we went to the clubhouse. I love the Clubhouse! I think it would have been so fun to be 'rich' and come here for vacation like they did back then!Then on to the incline plane in Westmont. And to visit Grandview Cemetery where the unknown plot is for the victims of the 1889 flood.

1 comment:

J.R. said...

NIce Johnstown pictures. I need to drive through there the next time I'm in. I always end up seeing all the Windber sites, so perhaps I'll break from tradition and head that way.